USA qualifications are recognized and respected throughout the world. Your US degree will be a strong foundation for building your future, boosting your career and giving you better prospects for a higher salary. Quality standards for US institutions are among the best in the world. There are many educational institutions that welcome international students in the US and the promise to enhance your qualification.
Why study in USA?
US colleges are known worldwide for the quality of their facilities, resources, and faculty. One of the most distinctive features of US universities and colleges is the choice of courses within a single institution.
- The most prestigious, top ranked education globally
- Safe, friendly and politically stable country that welcomes international students
- Academic freedom is one of the hallmarks of US universities
- Multicultural population making it a very dynamic and exciting place to be
- Different perspectives on instruction that better prepares students for the real world
- Many opportunities to join planned and informal activities with other students, such as hiking, skiing, museum visits, excursions to new cities, social outings, etc.
- Exposure to some of the most up-to-date developments in technology, as the USA is a global leader in this area
- Part time work permit for international students
US universities typically have 2 main intakes with some institutions offering in June & March.
- January/February [Deadline: 1st November or rolling depending on the universities and their programs]
- August/September [Deadline: June 1st for Bachelor's/UG programs or rolling, depending on the universities and their programs]
Documents needed for making an application are resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets and passing certificates from 10th onwards, two reference letters from colleges/employers and passport copy or birth certificate & IELTS score sheet.
Click here for more information on documents required.
English Language Requirements
All students must have the required English language proficiency relative to the course. TOEFL 61 iBT or IELTS 5.5 is the minimum test score required for applying to most of the US universities for your admissions as well as scholarships. Over 2500 institutions in USA recognize the IELTS exams including several top ranked institutions
- A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
- Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
- For undergraduate credit transfer, at least 1st year certificate or results of first 2 semesters of a Bachelors program is required.
- A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
- Bachelor's in any discipline, equivalent to US 4 year Bachelor's Degree. BBA in Nepal is eligible for direct entry into MBA
- There are many US universities that accept 15 years education or 3 years Bachelors degree (such as BBS in Nepal) if you have an academic score higher than 45%
Scholarships/Graduate Teaching Assistantship
- Standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS,SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.) required to meet universities' individual requirements
- All academic credentials / certificates
- Financial / affidavit support
- Passport copy / national ID
- Statement of purpose - why you want to study in USA
- Strong Recommendation letters from faculty and work supervisors
- Up to date and well-presented resume
- Awards & achievements, if applicable
- Extra -curricular activities, if applicable